Monday, July 29, 2013

Shoes for Sybarite

I found some tiny stickers and wanted to use them for doll shoes. As I hadn't made anything for the Sybarite in a long time, I decided to use the resin soles I made some time ago.


First step was painting them. I used two tiny plastic cups and attached the soles to them with double-sided mounting tape to be able to paint all sides at once (except the insoles). I used Revell Enamel Paint number 04 for these.


Here is the sheet of stickers. You can't really see the scale, but the photos further below will make that clear.


For the uppers, I decided to use clear plastic. Below you can see the type of plastic I'm using for the doll shoes. It is soft and doesn't show any creases even after doing this:


The insoles have two layers of cardboard and one layer of leather, and I painted the edges.


The following photos show the order of attaching the stickers.






I even decided to put some on the insoles where they would remain visible.


After attaching all stickers, it was time to apply sealer. Again I attached the soles to the plastic cups to get even layer of sealer on all sides.


The uppers are very simple as there is no point doing anything very elaborate when using clear plastic alone (without any stickers).


I cut the pieces from the plastic and used the lines in the pattern to attach pieces of double-sided adhesive tape to the parts that go under the insole.


After making holes to the flaps, I attached the uppers. For more information on why I made the holes, see an earlier blog post.


Then I just needed to glue the insoles in place. Here are the finished shoes from several angles.





4 comments:

marisa desaztre said...

¡Qué bonitos! Me gusta la idea de los stikers. BEzozzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You do some totally beautiful work ,I love these shoes and others I've seen in other blogs. Thank you for sharing:-)

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering why the holes in the piece 🤣🤣 it made me laugh a lot and I thank you for taking me out of doubt, and well these heels were divine, wonderful, perfect!!! I hope to have the same success in making them even though I think I should read all your tutorials first, thank you for sharing and one last thing, do you have a YouTube channel? I think it would be easier for me to see your beautiful tutorials to learn better. Again, thank you and blessings.