Monday, May 21, 2012

Ankle boots made of leather

These are similar to the white ankle boots I made earlier. The main difference is the material, which was leather this time. That meant that I could glue the seams instead of sewing.

I had lost the PDF file with the text I use in the insoles, so instead of trying to recreate that I decided to scan and use my own text (the original used a font available in Word 2007, but I had forgotten its name).

This photo shows the boot's upper part finished. Only the outer sole and heel are missing.

Here are the finished boots on Ghoulia. This method of buttoning the boots works very well, so I'm sure I will apply it to some other designs as well.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Repainted Draculaura's boots

It's been some time since my last post. I have mostly unfinished projects at the moment, but also a couple of finished ones, first one of which is this (these have been finished for some time, I just haven't posted the photos here).

As I bought two Draculauras, I had two pairs of her boots and decided to paint one pair. The first picture shows the boots with several coats of the basic color. Covering that bright pink requires a lot of coats when using a light color.

Next, some details in place.

The colors used so far are these.

The blue used for the strap is my own mix left over from a dollhouse project.

The finished boots sealed with satin sealer. It seems to be working well as I have put these on the doll's feet and taken them off several times without any problems. Same with the pair I repainted earlier.